The SEO landscape is always changing, making it tough to stay on top of all…
Have you ever visited a website and thought, “Man, who wrote this?” If so, you understand how quickly bad writing can turn off potential customers. But in the realm of SEO and generating leads, it’s not just about good writing, it’s about effective writing. Your goal is to attract readers, excite them, and convert them into customers. So, how do you do this?
How does content writing lead to conversions?
Let’s take a look at your typical landing page. The goal of a landing page is to convert leads into customers. If you are offering a free course, your landing page should be designed to drive readers to sign up for said course. But how? Not only do you need to provide thoughtful, engaging information, but also an incentive for the reader to sign up. They should be able to answer, “What will I be able to gain by taking this course?”
But before the reader even reaches the landing page, they have to find it. If your page is buried on page 10 of the search engine results page, it doesn’t matter how good your content is. This is why SEO is so important. A landing page that has been optimized will rank higher on the results page and increase the potential for more leads.
Tips for Writing Good Content
Writing effective content is an art. It requires a thorough understanding of your customers, as well as your goals. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Have a clear vision of the purpose of your page – If you don’t know what your goal is, neither will your customer.
- Make it clear how your product stands out from the competition – What makes you the best?
- Be clear with what you are offering – Now is not the time to talk about your other offerings
- Don’t forget the human connection – BE ENGAGING
- Recognize your customer’s pain points – What problems are they trying to address?
- Keep it simple – Back away from the overly complex and confusing words
- Entice the customer to “Act Now” – Create a compelling call to action (and use it often)
- Don’t forget your keywords – Optimize your content for SEO
In the age of the internet, it’s all about content. Good content writing can make a big difference when it comes to attracting attention and generating leads. Because good content is so important, it’s never a bad idea to bring in help. At SocialSEO, we have over two decades of experience writing, creating, and optimizing content. Do you struggle with creating effective content? Contact SocialSEO for a free quote today.