SocialSEO will provide complimentary Search Engine Optimization to Inside Out Youth Services, to maximize their…
Memes have taken social platforms by storm in recent years, and the sensation is still growing. During many scrolling stints, you can’t go more than a few seconds before seeing the image of a woman who appears to be very angry with a rather smug cat, or something to the effect of “me in 2020:” followed by a humorous (perhaps even painfully humorous) image. It’s no doubt that memes can capture our attention quickly and are devilishly sharable and as a result, they have become extremely useful tools when used as a marketing strategy in social media campaigns. Memes are generally popular because they inspire laughter and tell a story, one that is often very relevant to many viewers. Utilizing this sensation in your marketing efforts can help your social media campaigns get more impressions and clicks while building brand awareness but also have many other benefits that make them an attractive choice for many types of businesses.
Why Memes Should Be Part of Your Campaigns
If you’re considering using memes to step up your social media campaigns, here’s what you can expect:
- They’re inexpensive. You don’t have to pay a graphic designer to craft the perfect meme. In fact, you may not need to use a designer at all. Memes are often crudely put together with captions slapped on top of other captions, mismatched typefaces, and even blurred or low-resolution images. You don’t have to make your own, either – you can choose an existing, popular meme and place a custom caption on it to make it your own.
- They inspire community. Nothing brings people together quite like relatable content. Once we discovered that we weren’t the only ones to check behind the shower curtain for burglars or forget what time it was right after checking our phones, a community was born. When you use memes in your marketing, you’re inviting your customers to laugh with you and relate to the content that you’re sharing with them, and it can be quite effective in building brand recognition.
- They beg to be shared. “Haha, I’ve seen that one.” Sure, but have you seen this one? Memes are constantly being shared with friends and family, which can help to get your business in front of more potential customers. Memes are shared a lot more than your everyday direct response ads, and if the content is relatable, the odds of viewers sending it along to their friends lists are much higher. They may not want or need what you sell, but someone that they know might. Memes have a great chance to build brand awareness and expand your audience
Matching Your Brand’s Voice
If you plan to use memes to market your products or services, it is crucial to ensure that what you share matches the voice of your brand. If your bright, chic, ultra-modern decor brand only posts dark-colored Game of Thrones memes, you’re unlikely to resonate with your ideal customers. Brand recognition comes with being consistent in your messages and content. Consider these important points when determining what you should use in your social media campaigns, and ensure that what you post will make sense, appeal, and align with them:
- Who is your audience?
- What content do they enjoy?
- What issues do they identify with?
- Can you entertain without offending them?
Remember, if you’re late on posting a meme that goes viral overnight, you might come across as being out of the loop. Create memes in advance, and hop on new trends quickly for best results.
Meme Marketing With SocialSEO
Social media is the perfect place to use memes along with your marketing message, and our team at SocialSEO understands how to get the right memes in front of the right people. If you have questions about using memes in your next campaign, speak to one of our social SEO experts. We offer social media services to suit businesses in every industry and help them to expand brand awareness, enhance customer loyalty, and increase ROI. Contact us today to get a free quote for your next social media campaign.